This vegan tomato pasta soup is my daughter’s favourite dinner at the moment, so I really had to share this with you! And I don’t mind preparing this dish frequently since it’s healthy and incredibly easy and quick to make.
If you have been following our blog for a longer time, you probably know that we are omnivorous and our diet is diverse. But we are cooking lots of vegetarian food and occasionally we like to prepare vegan food. This vegan tomato pasta soup is a good example that vegan food can be incredibly delicious and easy to prepare! If you haven’t tried cooking vegan food yet, this is a great recipe to get started. This vegan tomato pasta soup is super tasty, velvety and soooo comforting on a cold autumn day. Serve it with a warm slice of bread and you have a perfect family friendly meal.
I hurt my right hand a while ago (and yes, I’m right-handed…) and cooking has been pretty painful ever since. But this recipe was so easy to prepare that I could literally make it by using only my left hand. Well, I got someone to help me chopping the onions, but apart from that I whipped up this soup using only my left hand!
If you got excited about vegan cooking, check out these amazing vegan recipes as well:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cans (850g/ 30 oz) whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 ¼ dl/ ½ cup cashew nuts + 2 ½ dl/ 1 cup water for soaking
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 ½ dl/ 1 cup whole-wheat pasta
- salt and pepper
- 2 ½ - 5 dl/ 1-2 cups water
- Soak the cashew nuts in water for about 2 hours, then drain.
- Chop the onion and garlic. In a pan heat olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
- Transfer the onions into a blender and add the tomatoes, soaked cashew nuts and fresh basil. Blend for a few minutes until it’s totally smooth.
- Pour the soup into a big pot and add some water if the soup seems too thick. Bring the soup to a boil and add the pasta. Let the soup simmer until the pasta is done, stir occasionally. You can add some water during simmering if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with a slice of bread or let it cool down and store in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days.
I hope you enjoy this vegan tomato pasta soup recipe!