We are very excited to be part of the InstaWeanTeam challenge this week. InstaWeanTeam is a group of 4 mums who have been posting recipes and meals in Instagram using a key ingredient or theme. If you haven’t heard of them yet, go and check them out here! This week’s InstaWeanTeam challenge is tropical fruits. Quite an easy and fun challenge for me, since tropical fruits are part of our every day diet here in Singapore. For me mango is the queen of tropical fruits, so I decided to use mango as the main ingredient in our challenge meal.
We like to eat porridge as breakfast and most of the days we end up doing oatmeal. Sometimes it’s nice to have some variety and try new grains or new ways of making the porridge. I love quinoa in every form, so quinoa porridge has been on my to do list for a while now.
Learn more about the superfood quinoa and its health benefits in this article.
Combining these two main ingredients – mango and quinoa porridge – I came up with this tropical quinoa porridge parfait. I layered some mango puree, quinoa coconut porridge and on top some fresh fruit, shredded coconut and pistachios. The result is like summer in a bowl!
This tropical quinoa porridge parfait is a comforting breakfast or snack suitable for all ages. It’s naturally dairy, gluten and sugar free and provides instant nourishment to get you through the day.
- 1,5 fresh mangoes
- 2,5 dl/ 1 cup water
- 1,25 dl/ ½ cup quinoa
- 2 dl/ 0.8 cup coconut milk
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chia powder (or chia seeds)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 kiwi
- shredded coconut and pistachios
- Dice and then puree one mango. Set aside.
- Rinse quinoa under cold running water. Combine with the water in a pot and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Add coconut milk, cinnamon, vanilla and chia powder. Cook for another 5 minutes until creamy. Add honey and stir well.
- Dice half a mango and one kiwi (or any other tropical fruit of choice).
- Layer the ingredients into 4 serving bowls like this: mango puree, quinoa porridge and diced fruit, shredded coconut and pistachios on top.
Enjoy the tropical quinoa porridge parfait!