Star shaped sweet potato and seed crisp bread is a tasty and wholesome snack for the whole family!
My girl’s favourite meal is her afternoon snack, which she gets when she comes home from nursery. So it’s good to have some healthy and wholesome snacks available for her. Crisp bread and biscuits are snacks that she really likes to eat – and me too :). If I just have time, I’ll make the crisp bread myself.
Do you remember our seed crisp bread recipe? That’s one of my favourite crisp bread recipes. This time I wanted to change things a little and added some mashed sweet potato to it. And to make it more fun for kids, I formed these sweet potato and seed crisp breads as stars. My girl loved the shape of these crisp breads. And I really like how the sweet potato adds some sweetness to this crisp bread. As these sweet potato and seed crisp breads are packed with energy yet they are nut free, they make a great lunch box snack as well.
I used sesame seeds, flaxseed, chia seeds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds for these sweet potato and seed crisp breads, but you can basically use any kinds of seeds you prefer. Just keep the overall amount of the seeds equal. And if you are on a gluten free diet, remember to use pure oats.
These sweet potato and seed crisp bread stars taste yummy without any topping. But they taste also wonderful with a slice of cheese. Or you could try them with this edamame hummus!
- 150g/ 5.3 oz cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 100g/ 3.5 oz different kind of seeds
- 1 dl/ 0.4 cups rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 175 Celsius/ 350 Fahrenheit degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Put some parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Form star shapes of the mixture onto the sheet using a cookie cutter. You can alternatively also spread the dough evenly and as thin as possible on the parchment paper using a tablespoon.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- If you make square crisp breads, cut the bread into pieces right after taking it out of the oven and let it cool down before eating.
I hope you enjoy this sweet potato and seed crisp bread!