Salmon and avocado – it’s one of those flavour combinations that always seem to work. Agree?
This time I prepared some salmon and avocado rolls, which are an easy family-friendly snack or delicious lunch box idea. We love eating fish since it is high in protein as well as contains high omega-3 fatty acids and high vitamin D content. What would be a better kid-friendly way of serving fish than putting it inside a bread roll?
The rolls contain hot smoked salmon so preparing them goes really quickly. But if you can’t find hot smoked salmon, you can use regular salmon and bake it in the oven.
I used a Finnish thin bread called “rieska”, but you can make these with any thin bread you are able to roll or you can use tortilla wraps. Also Ikea sells the kind of thin bread I used.
These salmon and avocado rolls are also a great party food. Make the rolls a little thinner and cut into small pieces to serve as a party snack.
If you like salmon, you might want to try some of our other family-friendly salmon recipes:
- 3-4 slices of bread (any thin bread or tortilla wraps)
- 250 g / 8.8 oz hot smoked salmon (boneless)
- 6 tbsp cream cheese
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- (1/2 tsp wasabi)
- (1/2 tsp horseradish (paste or fresh))
- 1 tbsp fresh basil (chopped)
- salt & pepper
- 2 avocados
- Prepare the salmon paste by mixing together the salmon, 4 tbsp cream cheese, creme fraiche, fresh basil and lemon juice. If you like, add a little wasabi and horseradish according to taste. Season with black pepper and a pinch of salt if your salmon is not already salted.
- Remove the stones and cut the avocados into slices.
- Prepare the rolls by adding some of the remaining cream cheese on the bread slices. Then add the salmon paste and spread evenly with a knife. Add avocado slices and roll tightly.
- Cut in half or smaller pieces.
Hope you enjoy the salmon and avocado rolls!