Rawnola that’s raw granola a.k.a. healthy cookie dough.
Sounds good, right? Well, it’s delicious. And great news, because it’s also healthy. The whole family can enjoy a big bowl of it for breakfast, as a snack or as a healthy treat. My favorite way to eat rawnola is with blueberries and oat milk.
Rawnola is like granola, but a no bake version of it, so you can very quickly prepare a batch of it. Rawnola is in no way my own invention. The woman behind the original idea is Loni Jane, you can check out her Instagram here. I made my own version of her recipe, because I needed my rawnola to be nut-free. I also added some cacao butter for extra rich flavour.
Did I already mention how easy it is to make rawnola? All you need are a few basic ingredients and a blender or food processor. Hope you give rawnola a try. It tastes delicious with any berries and your choice of milk. You can also use it as a healthy cookie crumble on top of this delicious nice cream.
It’s blueberry season at the moment in Finland. To enjoy this time of the year to the fullest, I have been eating lots and lots of blueberries. Also my both girls love them. If you share our love for blueberries, we have some other super yummy blueberry recipes for you. These blueberry zucchini breakfast cookies are one of the most popular recipes on our blog. And these blueberry popsicles are a lovely treat on a warm day.
- 2,5 dl / 1 cup rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- 8 fresh dates (pitted)
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp cacao butter (optional)
- pinch of salt
- Add the rolled oats and pitted dates in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until the mixture is well combined.
- Add the coconut flakes and cacao butter if you like. Season with a pinch of salt and blend.
- You can form crumbles with your hands or a spoon.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Hope you enjoy the rawnola with blueberries!