A bowl of pink porridge always brings a big smile on my girl’s face. I also love this raw berry oatmeal porridge with seeds for some extra crunch. It’s super healthy, easy to prepare and you probably have most of the ingredients in your kitchen cabinet. The easiest way to eat something healthy also on busy weekday mornings is by preparing it in advance.. Make your breakfast ready the night before and you’ll be so happy in the morning. That’s why raw porridge or overnight oats (whatever you like to call it) are perfect!
This raw berry oatmeal porridge is suitable for almost everyone. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, vegan and sugar-free but definitely not flavour-free!
Many say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Well, I don’t know if it’s true, but it definitely is very important to me. I couldn’t imagine starting my day without a nutritious breakfast and to fuel my body with good energy. I want to teach my kids to enjoy the lazy weekend mornings we can spend together eating breakfast or brunch, but also the importance to eat something healthy every morning.
To keep breakfast exciting for the whole family you can never have too many ideas. We love oats and have quite a few delicious breakfast recipes for you:
- Raspberry chia overnight oats
- Almond and cinnamon scented oatmeal
- Blueberry zucchini breakfast cookies
- Chewy raspberry oat bars
- Oatmeal to-go muffins
- 5 dl / 2 cups oats
- 5 dl / 2 cups oat milk
- 1,25 dl / ½ cup yogurt (oat or greek yogurt)
- 5 dl / 2 cups berries (I used raspberries, strawberries and red currants)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp linseeds
- 4 tbsp oats (big flakes)
- ½ tbsp real vanilla powder
- Put oats, oat milk, yogurt and berries in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir well with a spoon.
- Place in the refrigerator to set overnight or for at least two hours.
Hope you enjoy the raw berry oatmeal porridge!