Today I created some autumn vibes by whipping up these beautiful gluten-free pumpkin and pear muffins. With a muffin in one hand and a cup of tea in the other I almost felt like autumn had arrived here in the tropics.
For me, the best part of autumn is the crisp weather, colourful nature and of course all the nice fruits and vegetables that are in season. There is no crisp weather here in Singapore, nor does the nature change and get ready for wintertime. But at least I can enjoy this season’s best fruits and vegetables and pretend it’s autumn, right?
These delicious and fluffy pumpkin and pear muffins are gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar free. So most people can enjoy these muffins! If you are allergic to almonds, you can replace the almond flour by using more oat flour instead. The muffins are sweetened with pear, pumpkin and just a little bit of honey, so they are actually semi sweet. That’s why they are perfect as a snack for kids or as a healthy treat with coffee or tea for you. If you want to serve these muffins to babies, just leave the honey out and you have a great baby finger food.
If you have some leftover pumpkin after making these pumpkin and pear muffins, check out our popular high protein pumpkin flatbread recipe!
- 2 pears
- 2,5 dl/ 1 cup pumpkin puree (you can either cook and puree the fresh pumpkin or use canned pumpkin puree for a shortcut)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3,5 dl/ 1 ½ cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1,25 dl/ ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Sliced almonds on top
- Preheat the oven to 200 Celcius/ 400 Fahrenheit degrees.
- Grate the pears and place into a large bowl together with the pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut oil and honey. Mix well with a spoon.
- In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Pour the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Grease muffin tins with coconut oil and spoon the batter into the tins. Sprinkle some sliced almonds on top if you like. Bake for about 18-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
I hope you enjoy these pumpkin and pear muffins!