Chocolate lovers ahoy, this is for you!
I love chocolate and it’s a treat I like to eat with my afternoon coffee or in the evening when the girls have gone to bed. I know, it’s my bad habit 🙂 My two-year-old saw me making this lemon raw chocolate, she wanted to taste and loved it. So I thought, why not share the recipe on the blog, it is suitable for the whole family. Eating raw chocolate instead of regular chocolate is a great way to live a little healthier. Do your kids like raw chocolate or have they ever tasted it?
I’m currently having a sugar-free month, or I should say refined sugar-free month, as these lemon raw chocolate bites contain honey. I’m not eating that much sugar normally either, but just paying even more attention to what I’m eating. And raw chocolate is a wonderful way to have a little treat, but still eat healthy.
After having kids and cooking for them, I have tried to serve them refined sugar-free food. There are special occasions and exceptions, but also most of our recipes on the blog are refined sugar-free.
Making your own raw chocolate is super easy. Hope you give it a try, if you haven’t made it before. Raw chocolate can taste quite intense and that’s why I like to add some flavour to my raw chocolate. You can get creative, I like lemon, mint, orange and berries.
- 1 dl / 0.4 cups cacao butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ - 1 tsp ginger (finely grated)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- about 1 dl / 0.4 cups raw cacao powder
- pinch of salt
- Place a bowl with the cacao butter over a bowl with warm water. Carefully melt the cacao butter and don't heat too much or it's not raw chocolate. Stir until it has melted.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, ginger, honey and coconut oil and mix.
- Then add the raw cacao powder. Depending how strong you want your chocolate to be, you can vary the amount of cacao powder you use.
- Add a pinch of salt. Salt really enhances the flavour of chocolate.
- Pour the mixture on a tray or use a chocolate mould like I did.
- Place in the fridge to set (about 30 minutes).
Store the raw chocolate in the fridge.
Hope you enjoy the lemon raw chocolate!