Chilly autumn mornings call for this healthy baked apple oatmeal.
It’s September and officially autumn. We have had some really chilly mornings and I have been craving for some comforting breakfast options. We often eat oatmeal for breakfast, and this baked apple oatmeal is a great option instead of regular oatmeal. It’s really delicious with lots of apples and cinnamon, but healthy enough to enjoy first thing in the morning, because it’s sugar-free. My toddler loves it!
This version of healthy baked apple oatmeal is completely sugar-free. This is how we love to eat it as breakfast with lots of oat milk. If you would like to enjoy it as a treat, you could add some honey and serve it with whipped coconut cream, for example.
This healthy baked apple oatmeal is also suitable for baby-led weaning. It’s soft and great to enjoy with those small baby hands.
Apple season must be one of the best things about autumn. We love apples – they are so versatile to cook with. If you also love apples, I’m sure you would enjoy our other apple recipes as well.
- 5 dl / 2 cups rolled oats
- 2,5 dl / 1 cup oat milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1 egg
- 2 small apples (about 2,5 dl/ 1 cup of apple pieces)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- + 1 thinly sliced apple on top
- Preheat oven to 180 Celcius / 355 Fahrenheit degrees.
- Mix rolled oats and baking powder.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk, egg and melted coconut oil. Add rolled oats and mix.
- Season the apple pieces with cinnamon and ginger and add to the mixture.
- Pour mixture in a lightly greased oven dish. If you like, add apple slices and some cinnamon on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Hope you enjoy this healthy baked apple oatmeal!