The weather is slowly getting warmer so I wanted to make a frozen treat. Imagine the easiest homemade popsicles that are still delicious and healthy. Here you have it – frozen banana popsicles. Most kids I know love bananas, so I decided to use it as the core ingredient. I’ll tell you, these frozen banana popsicles are a winner!
It’s a delicious treat or healthy enough to be served as a snack. All you need is two ingredients, banana and chocolate. You can use dark chocolate or raw chocolate for a sugar-free vegan version.
If you like to add some flavour and make the popsicles pretty, you can add some toppings. I used shredded coconut, cacao nibs, dried strawberries and orange peel. If I had to choose, the dried strawberry version is my favourite.
We love to make healthy popsicles for our kids. Well, we do enjoy to eat them ourselves, too. If you are looking for ideas for healthy homemade frozen treats, you might like these recipes:
- 3 bananas
- 100 g / 3.5 oz dark chocolate (or raw chocolate for a vegan version)
- toppings like shredded coconut, cacao nibs, dried strawberries and orange peel
- Cut bananas in half lengthwise.
- Add a popsicle stick to each piece of banana and then place them in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate.
- Dip each piece of banana into the melted chocolate. You can use a spoon to help adding the chocolate on the bananas.
- Sprinkle with your choice of toppings. Be quick before the chocolate sets.
- Serve immediately or freeze for another 2 hours if you like the bananas completely frozen.
Hope you enjoy the frozen banana popsicles!