This easy chicken curry with sweet pepper is mild and creamy. It is a true family favorite weeknight dinner.
I know it’s summer and bbq season, but we have had some cold rainy days and I have been craving for some real comfort food. What is better comfort food than a delicious curry. Even if you are enjoying beautiful weather, this curry might be nice to eat for a change. I hope your whole family will enjoy this easy chicken curry!
I have made this chicken curry many times. It’s one of those recipes, I find myself cooking over and over again. It’s easy, tasty and only takes 30 minutes to prepare. Just to keep it simple and quick, the recipe contains ready made curry paste, chili sauce and chicken stock. You can of course make your own if you like and have the time. I have found some quality products that taste great and I am happy to use them in this curry.
We don’t eat a lot of red meat, but I love to cook with chicken. If you also love chicken, we also have some other delicious chicken recipes for you. These two recipes are perfect for summer.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts (preferably organic)
- 1 sweet pepper (yellow or red)
- 2 small onions
- 1 glove garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp curry paste
- 1,25 dl / ½ cup chicken stock
- 2,5 dl / 1 cup cooking cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp chili sauce or 1 chili
- green onion
- flat leaf parsley
- Chop the chicken breasts.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the onions and garlic over low heat for a few minutes. Add the turmeric and the chicken and fry for a few minutes.
- Slice or chop the sweet pepper and add to the pan. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, cooking cream and curry paste.
- Let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Season with chili paste and lemon juice. Add a pinch of salt if needed (depending how salty your chicken stock is)
- Serve with rice and sprinkle some chopped green onion and flat leaf parsley on top.
Hope you enjoy the easy chicken curry!