It’s Easter time so it’s all about eggs at the moment. Whether you are throwing an Easter party or have leftover eggs from egg hunting, this deviled eggs recipe with ricotta and lemon is divine! The classic devlied eggs contain mayonnaise, but I decided to make a lighter version by using ricotta cheese. And lemon gives them a fresh taste.
Deviled eggs are a great snack or party food since they are easy and quick to make and they are a huge crowd pleaser. The mild taste and creamy texture are guaranteed to please old and young gourmands. They are the perfect protein filled finger food.
For me, Easter means definitely using lemon in cooking and baking. In addition to these deviled eggs with ricotta and lemon, our Easter celebration will be completed with these lemon honey oatmeal cookies and lemon raw chocolate!
Have a lovely (and lemony) Easter! Let us know by commenting, if you tried some of our recipes during your Easter break.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- ca 1 tbsp water if needed
- For garnishing: chives and some lemon zest
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and fill with enough cool water to cover the eggs.. Place the pan over high heat. Once the water reaches a boil. Slightly turn down the heat and let them boil for 10 minutes.
- Once the eggs are boiled. Place them in cool water and let them cool down for a few minutes.
- Peel the eggs and slice them in half.
- Remove the yolks and transfer them to a mixing bowl. Arrange the empty whites on a platter, cut-side up.
- Mash the yolks with a fork until they are completely crumbled. Mix in the ricotta cheese, Dijon mustard, lemon zest and juice. Mix and mash the filling until you form a smooth paste. If the filling feels too stiff, add some water a small spoonful at a time. Season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop the filling into the egg whites with a spoon so that the filling mounds a little over the top. Sprinkle with chives and some lemon zest.
I hope you enjoy the deviled eggs with ricotta and lemon!