It’s February and Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. I think Valentine’s Day is best spent with my sweethearts…enjoying some sweet treats. Inspired by the upcoming holiday we made together with my 3-year-old these chocolate-dipped watermelon pops – heart shaped, naturally.
Not only do these chocolate-dipped watermelon pops make a great Valentine’s Day treat but they would be also great for a kid’s birthday party. They look pretty, taste super yummy (I mean watermelon and chocolate!!) and are a healthier option to many other party treats, like candies. And they are really easy and quick to make! It’s a nice little cooking project to involve your kids in. My 3-year-old loved to dip the watermelon pops into chocolate and then decorate with some sprinkles. Though the best part was to finally eat them ;).
- Dark chocolate
- Shredded coconut & sprinkles
- Cut the watermelon into finger thick slices. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes for the pops.
- Stick a toothpick atop each piece and then place them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- Dip each piece of watermelon into the melted chocolate. Shake off any excess chocolate then immediately sprinkle the chocolate with shredded coconut or sprinkles.
- Serve immediately.
I hope you enjoy the chocolate-dipped watermelon pops!