Spring is here! At least according to the calendar. We still have snow and it doesn’t really look like spring when the sky is grey. But the days are getting longer and we have more light every day! To celebrate the beginning of spring I made these creamy blood orange yogurt chia parfaits. They are so rich and dreamy, you wouldn’t believe they are actually a healthy treat. Good to enjoy for breakfast, snack or as a dessert. Perfect for the whole family!
Citrus fruits are still in season, so let’s enjoy them as long as we can. I had some yummy and juicy blood oranges and they are just perfect for a parfait. I juiced some to make a chia seed blood orange mixture. And I added plenty of blood orange slices to the parfaits, to maximise the flavour.
These blood orange yogurt chia parfaits are super easy to prepare. Add layers of yogurt chia and blood orange chia mixtures and blood orange slices to glasses and it’s ready to enjoy!
- 5 dl / 2 cups greek yogurt
- 9 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp real vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp honey (optional for sweetness)
- 2,5 dl / 1 cup blood orange juice (juice of about 4 blood oranges)
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and cut into slices
- In a bowl, mix together the greek yogurt and 4 tbsp of the chia seeds. Add the vanilla and some honey if you want some sweetness. Stir for a few times. Then put in the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix together the blood orange juice and the rest of the chia seeds (5 tbsp). Stir for a few times, then put in the fridge to set.
- When both mixtures have thickened, layer blood orange slices and the mixtures into glasses.
- This amount will be enough for four small glasses.
Hope you enjoy the blood orange yogurt chia parfait!