Baked sweet potatoes are the perfect family-friendly meal.
If you feel like eating something comforting but healthy – these baked sweet potatoes are your choice! When the weather gets cold and rainy during the autumn months, I want to make warm and baked dishes. I also love how colourful these baked sweet potatoes are. The bright orange sweet potato is topped with beans, some red chili and green herbs. It’s great color therapy when all you see outside is a grey sky.
Aren’t baked sweet potatoes pretty? And there’s so much you can cook with them. We are big sweet potato lovers! Check out our recipes for Sweet potato pancakes, Sweet potato gnocchi and Sweet potato balls – just to name a few :).
This is a great vegetarian meal that also contains a lot of protein in the butter beans. If you like butter beans, you might also like to try this Mashed cauliflower with butter beans. It’s one of our blog’s favourite recipes.
You can serve these sweet potatoes with some yogurt dressing or a vegan option. I like to add a little lemon juice to the greek yogurt.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 spring onion
- ½ chili
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1,25 dl / ½ cup butter beans
- salt & pepper
- flat leaf parsley or cilantro
- Preheat oven to 200 Celsius / 400 Fahrenheit degrees.
- Prick the sweet potatoes a few times with a fork. Bake for about 45 to 60 minutes until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Meanwhile, prepare the topping.
- Chop the spring onion and chili. Heat some olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion and chili for a few minutes.
- Drain the butter beans in a sieve and add to the pan. Gently mash the beans with a wooden spoon. Season with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half and add the topping. Sprinkle some flat leaf parsley or cilantro on top.
Hope you enjoy the baked sweet potatoes with butter beans!