Chicken is a popular family favourite ingredient. It’s probably one of the most used proteins around the world. Kids also tend to like chicken because of its quite mild flavour compared to red meat. There are so many options to cook with chicken. I want to share one of my family’s favourite chicken recipes. It’s moist and tender baked pesto and parmesan chicken.
I have to say, I didn’t eat much chicken for many years, because I was concerned about the ethical side of chicken farming. Nowadays I am glad I can buy organic chicken even at our nearest supermarket. That I am happy to serve also to my toddler.
Baked pesto parmesan chicken is easy, healthy and delicious. You can serve it with brown rice or a side salad for a nutritious family dinner. I served it this time with brown rice, baby spinach and added some more of the homemade pesto sauce.
My toddler loves this chicken, here is her portion.
I like to use a thermometer when cooking chicken. You know it’s well done when the inner temperature is 72-75 Celcius / 165 Fahrenheit degrees. For the homemade pesto, I used this recipe, but I used only basil (about 2,5 pots) and no artichokes.
If you like this recipe and our blog, be sure to subscribe for our newsletter and stay updated. Enter your email address here and receive new recipe updates by email & get our eCookbook for FREE! All our recipes are for healthy and easy family-friendly cooking.
If you love chicken, you might also like our other chicken recipes:
- 4 chicken breast (preferably organic)
- 6 tbsp pesto
- black pepper
- (pinch of salt)
- 1 dl / 0,4 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 200 Celcius / 390 Fahrenheit degrees.
- Prepare the pesto.
- Place chicken breast in a baking tray that is lightly sprayed with cooking oil.
- Season with black pepper and a pinch of salt if you like.
- Top chicken breasts with pesto and grated Parmesan.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes depending on the size of the chicken breasts. It is well done when the inner temperature is 72 to 75 Celcius / 165 Fahrenheit degrees.