Easy and delicious baked parmesan cauliflower bites with a hint of lemon. What a perfect finger food for the whole family.
Do you have a picky eater? Try to add some crunch to food and you might be surprised. A fellow mom once told me that her kid eats anything if it’s covered with panko flour 🙂 These baked parmesan cauliflower bites are a delicious way to eat cauliflower and hopefully even the pickiest eater will try and like them. Enjoy as a snack or as a side dish.
Cauliflower is now in season in Finland and this year has been quite exceptional. Due to some strange weather conditions all cauliflowers have grown at the same time and therefore there is oversupply of cauliflowers. Everyone is encouraged to eat lots of cauliflower with a campaign called “Kukkakaalitalkoot”. It seems to be working – Finnish foodblogs and social media is full of cauliflower recipes.
This yummy baked parmesan cauliflower bites recipe is our contribution to the campaign. Another great way to enjoy cauliflower is to make cauliflower couscous. Check out our delicious cauliflower couscous salad. Or make mashed cauliflower – it’s a true family favourite!
I served the baked parmesan cauliflower bites with some lemon mayo. You could also try a yogurt or marinara sauce.
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 2,5 dl / 1 cup panko flour (or breadcrumbs)
- 1,25 dl / ½ cup grated Parmesan
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 225 Celsius / 435 Fahrenheit degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower into pieces.
- In a bowl, mix together panko flour, grated Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, mix together beaten eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Dip the cauliflower pieces in the egg mixture. Then roll in the panko flour mixture. Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Spray or drizzle a little olive oil on top.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Hope you enjoy the baked parmesan cauliflower bites!