Sometimes simple is best. Today I want to share with you one of my favorite soup recipes and it is for this soft and creamy jerusalem artichoke soup. The soup is so simple but full of flavour, you wouldn’t believe it only contains five ingredients: jerusalem artichokes, milk, cream, salt and pepper. That’s it!
Keeping the ingredient list very short enhances the natural flavour of jerusalem artichokes. That’s why I prefer this way of preparing the soup to many other recipes I have tried. I saw a recipe using these same five ingredients in a Finnish magazine a few years ago, but I don’t remember the chef whose original recipe it was.
Last week we posted a recipe for jerusalem artichoke chips and since they taste amazing with this soup, I added some on top. I love the crunchy texture they bring to this silky vegetable soup. Of course you can also enjoy the soup without the chips.
Soups are perfect meals during the colder months. We have a few comforting soup recipes for you and all of these are simple enough to prepare as a healthy family dinner also on busy weeknights. Have you already tried these:
- Spicy carrot soup with ginger creme fraiche
- Hearty autumn soup with veggies and minced beef
- Family friendly crème ninon
- Fish chowder with fennel in french style
- 500 g / 18 oz jerusalem artichokes
- 5 dl / 2 cups milk
- 4 tbsp cream
- (chopped chives)
- Peel and chop the jerusalem artichokes.
- Pour the milk and cream into a pot and bring to the boil. Add the chopped jerusalem artichokes and let it simmer for about 15 minutes until the jerusalem artichokes are soft.
- Take off the heat and blend until the soup is silky and smooth. I think it's easiest using a hand blender.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with some chopped chives if you like.
Hope you like this jerusalem artichoke soup!