Spring is here and so is asparagus season! To celebrate, we want to share some delicious asparagus recipes. Asparagus is so versatile, it can be cooked, grilled or baked. I asked fellow bloggers for some ideas how to serve this lovely vegetable. Here you go – 21 healthy and kid-friendly asparagus recipes. I can’t wait to try all of these!
Asparagus family dinners
- Baked parmesan chicken and asparagus: The Savory Tooth blog has this lovely recipe for juicy and moist chicken baked with a homemade parmesan seasoning mix, along with a side of tender asparagus.
- Spring vegetable pizza: Culinary Ginger makes a pizza that’s light and fresh, but not lacking in flavor. This pizza has a lemon, basil ricotta base, topped with delicious fresh vegetables of the season.
- Healthy sheet pan turkey asparagus bake: An easy, quick, healthy and one pan dinner. Turkey, asparagus and peppers marinated with balsamic vinegar and mustard from Food Done Light
- Roasted asparagus soup with pistachio cream: Rhubarbarians blog makes a hearty vegan roasted asparagus soup with pistachio cream.
- Grilled asparagus flatbread: This grilled asparagus flatbread makes the best use out of this spring veggie, and it’s going to become your next go-to dinner on the BBQ, says The Girl on Bloor
- Baked Swordfish and asparagus with lentils and chermoula: I can’t wait to try this recipe that’s packed with flavor. Easy to put together, it’s a fantastic combination that’s healthy too – Caroline’s Cooking.
Pasta and risotto with asparagus
- Spring vegetable zoodle pasta: A quick and easy recipe for a busy weeknight dinner from The Stingy Vegan. This pasta is the perfect way to take advantage of the season’s vegetables.
- Creamy pesto penne pasta with tomatoes & asparagus: The Rising Spoon makes this delicious penne pasta recipe with tomatoes, asparagus, onion, and a creamy pesto sauce made with coconut milk.
- Browned gnocchi with lemony spring vegetables: I love the sound of this light, elegant gnocchi dish with shaved asparagus, snap peas, and lemon by The Kitchen Girl.
- Farfalle with roasted asparagus, lemon and parmesan: Farfalle with asparagus, lemon, and parmesan is the perfect way to showcase that yummy spring vegetable – Hello Little Home
- Mushroom and asparagus risotto: Cozy comfort food at it’s finest with an easy dairy-free risotto the entire family will love – My Kitchen Love
Healthy asparagus snacks
- Asparagus frittata: This easy and healthy recipe is from our own blog Kiddielicious Kitchen. This asparagus frittata tastes good warm or at room temperature, so it’s also a perfect snack to pack in your kids’ lunch boxes or to enjoy on a picnic.
- Asparagus and feta fritters: Divalicious Recipes makes yummy looking asparagus fritters. Love this different way to use asparagus.
- Grilled asparagus salsa: A healthy snack with strong, complementary ingredients that give you an unexpected result – Simply Fresh Dinners
- Asparagus souffle omelette: A protein and vegetable packed snack that is perfect for kids – Play with Food
Asparagus side dishes
- Crispy baked asparagus fries: Apples for CJ makes these baked asparagus fries that are great as a healthy side.
- Asparagus pancetta freekeh: A Spring inspired side dish that could also be served as a light main meal if desired – A Fresh Legacy
- Stuffed mini peppers with asparagus and cheese: This easy recipe by Wholesome Yum makes a gorgeous, healthy appetizer packed with asparagus and cheese.
Salads with asparagus
- Asparagus orange salad: A fresh and delicious asparagus orange salad with goat cheese from the Lively Table
- Asparagus potato salad: Asparagus potato salad is a light salad perfect for a bbq or summer lunch – Allergy Girl Eats
- Asparagus, zucchini and carrot ribbon salad: This quick and easy shaved vegetable salad is a favorite at dinner parties – Holley Grainer